URN Travel Grant
- Purpose: To provide funding to undergraduates for travel, lodging, and meals related to a research conference or workshop. Students must be presenting at the conference or workshop. This event may be at another institution, but the grant will only apply to domestic travel.
- Approximately 2-3 awards of up to $300 will be granted on a competitive basis. Applicants must be full time undergraduate students at U.Va. and must remain enrolled at the University through the completion of the funded event.
- Workshop or conference attendees will be reimbursed for their expenses following the event. Grant awardees will be required to meet with Brian Cullaty, Director of Undergraduate Research Opportunities at the Center for Undergraduate Excellence, and Edith Conti, Office Manager at the Center for Undergraduate Excellence, prior to departure in order to discuss this process.
Application Requirements and Checklist:
Please submit the application to Jackie Slobin at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 1st, 2020 at 11:59 pm.
It must include:
- Completed Application*
- Budget (Please use CLAS Grant Budget Template)
- Unofficial transcript
- Faculty Letter of Support: Please ask your U.Va faculty mentor to email the letter to us separately.
*Complete the following application in a Word document:
Full Name (last, first, middle):
U.Va E-mail Address:
Advisor and Department:
Advisor’s E-mail Address:
Name of Conference or Workshop:
Date of Conference:
Describe your interest in pursuing research. (250 words max)
Why is this conference or workshop important for your research and why does it interest you? (250 words max)
Please list any other research or travel grants, which you have applied to or plan to apply to. (if applicable)